Your dream to start your own hosting business might be just a step away if you know what is reseller web hosting and how you can become a reseller web hosting service provider. By the time you finish this guide, you’ll understand everything about reseller web hosting and how it can help you jumpstart in the web hosting business-
What Is Reseller Web Hosting
From shared web hosting to reseller web hosting, there are various types of hosting plans available in the market. The simplest answer to what is reseller web hosting can be explained in the following manner-
When a company uses the resources (bandwidth and hard drive space) of a parent or a well-established web hosting company and sells them to third-party clients under its own name to make residual income. Let’s take an example to understand what is reseller hosting-
Suppose X (parent web hosting company) has a real-estate building (web hosting resources) in the middle of the New York City. Now Y (reseller) rents out this building and converts it into a paying guest facility where working people (third party clients or customers) can live. Y pays some pre-determined amount as rent to X and in return gets the right to convert his building into PG. At the same time, he charges monthly rent from working professionals in such a way that his total income becomes higher than the rent money he pays to X.
This is how reseller web hosting works. If you want to become an entrepreneur and offer hosting services to your clients without investing huge money in data centers, servers and other assets required for web hosting, reseller web hosting is your best bet in the market.
Important Things About Reseller Web Hosting Business
Now that you know what is reseller web hosting, you should move on to decide the best way to start a reseller web hosting business. The knowledge of these major features will help you along the way-
- The efficiency of Parent Web Hosting Company: By taking a look at the up-time of your parent web hosting company, you can decide whether you should go with it or not. Choose a web hosting company that maintain an up-time rate of around 99.99%.
- Whether the bandwidth offered by the parent company as part of the reseller web hosting plan is sufficient for you? If not, what’s the next best plan available in the market?
- Disc Space: Just like bandwidth, you need to figure out if the disc space offered by the parent web hosting company is good enough for you to serve your clients’ needs or not. If the traffic flow is massive, it’s wise to suggest dedicated server hosting rather than VPS or shared web hosting plans.
You May Want To Check Out: Two Months Free Hosting With WP Engine On Any Shared Annual Plan
How To Make Your Way Into Reseller Web Hosting?
After knowing what is reseller web hosting, the next big question is how you can start offering services as a reseller web host? The below-stated steps can help you start your own reseller web hosting business-
- If you have no idea of what is reseller web hosting and how the web hosting industry works, it’s recommended to spend some time on Google before you take any action. This will not only clear your doubts about the reseller web hosting market but also give you the confidence to start on a positive note.
- The first step is to select a web host that can live up to your clients’ expectations. Even though your customers won’t come to know about this web space service provider, you can’t offer high-quality services unless your parent web hosting company does so. The best way to go ahead is to choose a hosting service provider that has an excellent track record.
- The next step is to opt for a suitable reseller web hosting plan. There are multiple plans available in the market, so select the one that fits your budget and addresses the needs of your clients. If you can provide cheap web hosting plans and excellent services to your clients, they’ll definitely like to give you a shot.
- It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme that will make you a millionaire overnight. So, prepare yourself to work hard tirelessly to earn your clients’ trust without which you can’t survive in the industry.
- Buy a powerful computer (or a high-end laptop) and high-speed internet to manage your web hosting business.
- Get the occupational license, tax license and incorporation papers to get rid of any legal or corporate issue.
- Open a bank account under the name of your company, which can be used to receive payments and settle refunds.
- Build full-fledged e-commerce website where you can showcase different plans/services and offers.
- Enable merchant account on your site so that customers can use credit/debit cards and buy your services without any hassle.
- Price your plans and services in such a way that neither do they look too expensive, nor they kill your profit margins. You can run a background research on how others are doing in the market before making a final call.
- Hire professionals who can help you in running reseller web hosting business smoothly. They may include customer support executive, technical staff, relationship manager, business development managers and social media experts.
If you can follow these steps, then there’s nothing that can stop you from being successful in the reseller web hosting business. This sums up our guide on what is reseller web hosting and how it can help you become a web hosting service provider. What’s your take on this guide? Share your feedback with others in the comment section below.