Blogging is not just writing content and posting it online. If you have been in this industry for some time, you can relate to what I am trying to say. As a blogger, your objective should be to lure maximum users to visit your blog, and content alone can’t help you do that. It’s good if your blog is well-known and maintain a high rank, but if you’re new to this field, you have to promote your content in such a way that more and more people can come to know about it. Social media marketing is one of the most sought after ways through which you can promote your posts and generate organic traffic. Here’s how social media can be a game changer for your blog-
What Is Social Media
Any platform that provides two-way communication between a business and its users can be termed as a social media platform. There are many social media sites that you can use to promote your content, such as –
How Can Social Media Marketing Help You
In a recent public statement, Facebook announced that more than a billion people were using it on a daily basis. Not long ago, YouTube had also claimed that over 968 million people using it everyday. Twitter reported over 320 million active monthly users on its site with over 1 billion visiting it every month. These are just a few examples as the list can go on and on if other social media sites are mentioned here.
You may forget to have lunch sometimes, but not to login to Facebook to check what’s happening around. Have you ever asked yourself why do you visit Facebook, Twitter or YouTube regularly?
Well, the answer is because it’s an easy way to connect with rest of the world and interact with your friends, relatives and favorite influencers. Think of the other side of the coin. What if you are a business and have a social media account. Don’t you think it’s an easy way to engage with your customers, listen to their queries, know their taste and create brand awareness.
The most important thumb rule of blogging is to engage with readers and give them what they want to read. They are your customers, and you ought to serve them with the best possible content of their choice. By promoting your content on social media sites, you make it easy for users to find your content. I hope you get it now why social media marketing is considered a game changer in the blogging industry.
If you want to attract organic traffic to your blog, you can’t find an easier and more hassle-free way than social media marketing.
How To Attract Traffic Via Social Media
Now when you know how important can social media be for your blog, you should focus on learning to attract users on social media platforms. Let’s assume that you are a user, now which business page will you visit on a daily basis? The one that creates spam posts, uploads 30 posts a day randomly and desperately asks you to like its page. Or the one that uploads fewer posts on a daily basis in a consistent manner, keep them interesting and doesn’t spam your news feed? I hope you know the answer.
In order to attract huge traffic via social media platforms, you will need to engage with your readers. Create posts that intrigue them; answer their queries and be responsible for keeping them engaged. The more responsive you are on social media, the better it is for your blog.
What You Should Do
- Engage with readers
- Share the content that’s related to your niche
- Post content on a regular interval i.e. daily, bi-weekly, weekly, etc.
- Keep your eyes and ear open to notice social media trends. Change your strategies accordingly.
- Talk about different trending topics that are related to your blog’s niche.
- Try to target users based on their demographic locations and interest. For examples don’t create a post around Game of Thrones characters that targets pregnant women in India. At the same time don’t mention Mahabharata characters in any post targeting U.S. audience. It will be useless and won’t serve its purpose. Hope you get it.
- A little touch of humor in your social media posts every now and then can bring extraordinary results.
- Don’t turn a blind eye to competitor strategies. Who knows if you get the next trending idea from them.
- No matter what, keep your focus intact on increasing loyalty, trust and brand awareness.
What You Should Not Do
- Don’t spam. Readers hate it.
- The news feed is social media users’ personal window from where they want to see what’s happening around. Don’t spread dirt by posting excessive content and tagging them. They will soon unlike/unfollow your page.
- Stay calm even when you find someone accusing you publically on social media. Try to resolve doubts, queries and issues in the best way possible.
- Take feedbacks. Learn from them and improve yourself on a day-to-day basis.
For bloggers, social media marketing is an all-in-one solution that helps them increasing brand awareness, social engagement and most importantly traffic to the blog. So, learn it, practice it and use it as a tool to attract organic traffic to your blog.
Please share your views, suggestions or feedback in comments.